There are many ways to make a loan payment. Some require a simple set up process. Just call us at 1-844-734-3577 option 1 or use the self serve options under “My Account” and we will be happy to set up a payment method that works for you.
- Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) – All regular payments should be made by PAD as per the terms of your agreement with us. Payment is automatically debited from your bank account on a regular basis as per the agreed upon contract payment frequency.
- Interac e-Transfer Payment is made by email from your financial institution’s website. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name as it appears on your agreement and your agreement number from the top right corner of page 1 of your agreement. Please send a separate email to the same e-mail address with the password.
- Clik2Pay – a link is sent to your email and/or mobile phone that will process the exact requested payment through Interac e-Transfer. Contact our team at 1-844-734-3577, option 1 to request.
- Internet Banking – Payment is made though your financial institution’s bill payment service. The payee is PREFERA FINANCE. The payment may take up to three business day to reflect on your account.
- Visa or Mastercard – Payment on account of arrears or outstanding fees can be made using either of Visa or Mastercard Debit or Credit (note that this service is not available for regular payments). Please login to “My Account” above and click on “Make a Payment”. You can also contact us at 1-844-734-3577 option 1 to make this arrangement.
- Directly at Bank of Montreal – Please contact us at 1-844-734-3577 option 1 for more information on this service and deposit details. Please send us the deposit slip if you use this service.
Yes you can change your payment frequency up to 3 times over the term of your agreement. A fee applies as outlined in your agreement with us. To request a payment frequency change please log in to “My Account” above and select the “Request a Due Date Change”. You can also contact our Customer Service Department at 1-844-734-3577 and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Absolutely! Prefera does not charge fees or penalty charges for additional payments. Any payments in addition to your regular payments will be applied to outstanding fees first and then principal. Just contact us at 1-844-734-3577 to arrange.
Yes, you may pay out your loan before the end of the term, as outlined on your contract, with no penalty or fees. You can obtain your payout amount by logging in to “My Account” above and selecting “Request Loan Payout”. You can also contact our Customer Service Department at 1-844-734-3577 and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Yes – you can log into “My Account” above and select “Request Loan History”. You can also contact our Customer Service Department at 1-844-734-3577 and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Payments are required to be made by the due date in your contract. Interest charges will accrue on the past due amount and be applied to your account each day, which increases the total amount you pay.
Yes you can delay a payment, however the payment is still due and interest will continue to accrue until paid. A fee also applies as outlined in your agreement with us, but the fee is less than an NSF fee and will not affect the performance of your loan in the same way as a returned payment. Please contact us if you wish to delay a payment. This must be done at least 2 business days prior to your regular scheduled payment.
Please let us know if your address, phone number, email address, banking, insurance or employment details have changed so we can update your files. You can update your contact information by logging into “My Account” above and selecting “”Update Contact Info”. Either complete the appropriate online form or contact us at 1-844-734-3577 to arrange. You can also contact our Customer Service Department at 1-844-734-3577 and we will be more than happy to assist you.
To update your banking information, please send us a completed Pre-Authorized debit form (available from your financial institution) or a personalized cheque with your your new banking information. To do this, log into “My Account” above and select “Update Banking Information”. You can also contact our Customer Service Department at 1-844-734-3577 and we will be more than happy to assist you. Please note, we require at least four business days before your next payment date for processing.
Yes, any changes made to your insurance may impact the terms and conditions of your loan. You must always maintain full comprehensive and collision insurance on your vehicle, with Prefera shown as the lien holder. Any insurance arrangement other than this could put your contract into default. To update your insurance information, please email us at email@example.com and we will contact you within one business day to confirm the change has been made.